Report backs afternoon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Organization project management
- End user education, it is important to work with the different personalities in tech projects
- Communicating, picture is worth a thousand words.
- Emerging projects last minute, you have to be a buzzkill and bring people back to reality.
- PM is not a series of switches but a series of dials that require adjustments
Overthrowing the client
- Identified things about the consultant client relationship, focused on whether is about the money.
- The necessity to establish trust, that you're providing value for the money, exchange of knowledge for money is fair
- There is no relationship between the money and the technology provider.
- It is about relationships not about technology, relationship between client and contractor you will build more than the road if the clients are happy.
Basecamp: moved to Overthrowing
- You can use wikis to get a sense of who's contributing in a team in ways that you wouldn't if you were using regular tools
- Wikis are the ultimate example of technology being more horizontal.
- Wikis as great documentation and KM tool, simple straightforward sketch for how to do wiki project management
- Slit between wikis that are file based and database based, things to look at.
- When you decide to develop your own software, a consortium based model can provide mentorship and possibly some funding.
- Markets that are not addressed because they are specific