Event Agenda Guidelines
From MNTP Wiki
The following are some general comments about how we'll run the agenda at MNTP:
- Our goal is to get each participant the answers and the understanding they need in order to be better technology project managers. The ultimate goal of the event is to strengthen a community of practice among Nonprofit technology project managers, and engender collaboration and dialog that sustain long after 11 January.
- The agenda is malleable. Sessions may be moved around to accommodate requests by both participants and facilitators, and...
- We'll use part of the first morning to let participants discuss the agenda, and request additional sessions to be offered.
- Sessions are designed to be highly interactive. You won't see any panels or keynotes at MNTP, and presentations will be short and intended to spur discussion. Facilitators understand that their primary goal is to enable learning, address questions, and support peer sharing. Bring your questions, and your knowledge to share!
- We'll use the wiki at the event to capture notes from each session. We welcome your contributions to the wiki. (if you aren't familiar with wiki's, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki)
- Use of laptops and cellphones during sessions is strongly discouraged: we encourage all participants to be fully present in sessions and discussions, rather than multi-tasking on email etc. We invite participants to use the morning and afternoon breaks, as well as the lunch hour, to check in with external realities.
- We also discourage "drop-in" participation for 1 or several sessions; the event format is highly collaborative, and full participation by all is a key to successful event outcomes.
- If there is a session or discussion you would like to facilitate, feel free to be in touch with me or the other organizers, we'd love to hear what you're thinking.